The burial ceremony of the mother of billionaire businessman and club owner, Obi Iyiegbu, popularly known as Obi Cubana has gotten the attention of many Nigerians for the past few days.
The burial which is undoubtedly one of the biggest event in Nigeria this weekend was graced by a good number of top Nigerian celebrities and affluent Nigerians.
Obi Cubana lost his mother in December 2020, and laid her to rest on July 16th in Oba, Anambra state, DAILY GIST had reported.
Preparations for the burial caught the attention of many after the club owner received 246 cows from his friends.
Obi Cubana additionally also bought a diamond chain and pendant from a popular jeweller, Efobi Stephen, which had his late mother’s face engraved on it
Amongst well wishes and friends who graced the ceremony are top Nigerian celebrities who displayed their wealth at the event by spraying and showcasing the wads of cash to be sprayed.
Some celebrities were seen throwing wads of cash to guests who scampered to pick money from the floor, while others entertained.
Below are some of things you don’t know about Obi Cubana:
- Obi Cubana whose real name is Obi Iyiegbu was born on 12 April 1975 (46) in Oba Anambra State, Nigeria.
- The businessman who is said to be worth $500,000,000 is married to Ebele Iyiegbu with four boys.
- Obi Cubana married his wife Ebele who is a lawyer by profession in 2008.
- Obi Cubana went to Central Primary School, where he bagged his First School Leaving Certificate.
- He attended Dennis Memorial Grammar School, where he had his Senior School Leaving Certificate.
- He then gained admission to the University of Nigeria Nsukka and graduated in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
- The billionaire businessman founded a Club called Ibiza Club in Abuja in 2006.
- He had massive success with Ibiza club and went on to established Cubana in 2009 in Owerri, Imo State.
- As at today Obi has been able to spread Cubana’s reach across various states in the country, including Lagos, Abia and Enugu.
- While Obi is the chairman of Cubana Group, one of his close associate is Paschal Okechukwu, also known as Cubana Chief Priest, who is the General Manager of Cubana, Owerri and others.
- The popular socialite buried his mother on the 16th of July, 2021 which brought the village of Oba to the limelight.
- Cubana lost his mother in 2020, to keep her in his memory, he got her immortalized with a pendant and neckpiece worth $100,000.