The human body is made up of certain tissues, organs and cells and these are responsible for the growth and development of the human body.
Cells that are similar in function come together to perform a particular job forming the body tissues. Same way similar tissues with same functions rearrange to form the organ and finally these organs give rise to the body system.
There are different system in the body that perform certain functions in the body. Among these system is the Immune system.
Immune system is the body system that differentiates self from non-self and protects the body from foreign substances and pathogenic organisms by producing an immune response. This system includes organs such as the thymus, the spleen and lymph nodes; tissues (bone marrow, and lymphoid) tissues such as the tonsils; cells such as lymphocytes including the B cells and T cells, and cell products such as antibodies.
Generally, food is a basic necessity and the only way to replenish the body and supply all necessary nutrition is through feeding.
Amidst the general food we eat daily, for the very purpose of boasting immunity against diseases in the body there are certain food that aid this function by supplying the body certain immune boaster nutrients.
It is important to note that maintaining a particular diet for the purpose of bosting immunity is easier said than done. In the sense that most people find it uncomfortable to adjust to these specific diet. These specifics could definitely strengthen the natural body defences and help fight off disease causing organisms.
Top Foods known as Immune Boosters
It’s required that all meal come in a balanced form. The lists below are foods that would help boost the body immune system.
1. Green tea: this, just have a little quantity of caffeine contained in it. Green tea could act as a better substitute for either black tea and or coffee as drinking it have a huge effect in boasting the immune system. Also, this green tea is rich in flavonoids. Flavonoids reduces the risk of cold.
2. Ginger: Ginger could be used in several dishes, tea inclusive. Review on ginger has shown that it contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties.
3. Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes highly contain beta carotene. This carotone is a variety of antioxidant that enhances the skin of the potatoes to its orange color. This is also a very good source of vitamin A. It helps to make skin healthy and may even provide some protection against skin damage from ultraviolet (UV) rays.
4. Oily fish: These types of fishes include salmon, tuna, pilchards, and other oily fish. These sorts of fishes are highly rich in omega-3 fatty acids. In a 2014 report, high rate of consuming omega-3 fatty acids may reduce high risks of rheumatoid arthritis.
RA also known as the Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic auto immune condition that occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks a healthy part of the body.
5. Turmeric: This is a yellowish food spice that could be used in different dishes. Tumeric is equally contained in some alternative medicines. Tumeric consuption would improve the body immune response because it contains high qualities of curcumin, a compound found in turmeric. This curcumim also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities.
6.Broccoli: this is a source of vitamin C. It is high in antioxidants, such as sulforaphane. For these reasons, it is a good choice of vegetable to eat regularly to support immune system health.
7. Almonds are also good source of vitamin E. Almonds contain the elements manganese, magnesium, and fiber. A little handful of almonds is a healthful snack that would boast the body’s immune system.
8. Oranges, kiwis: These are are yet another set of excellent source of vitamin C.
Vitamin C would highly increase the duration of common cold symptoms and improve the function of the human immune system.
9. Sunflower seeds: this could make a good combination I’m the preparation of food salad or breakfast bowls. They are a rich source of vitamin E and antioxidant.
Just like other Vtamin E, it improves the body immune as well.
10. Blueberries: lastly these contain a type of flavonoid called anthocyanin, which has antioxidant properties that can help boost a person’s immune system.
Recent research has shown that people history of high consumption of blueberries seldom suffers from upper respiratory tract infextion. Therefore Blueberries decreases respiratory tract infections.