Top 20 richest footballers in the world for 2022 has been revealed.
Manchester United icons, Cristiano Ronaldo and David Beckham have emerged as the richest footballers in 2022.
The 36-year-old Portugal international has tied with England legend for the number one position ahead of Paris Saint-Germain superstar Lionel Messi.
Beckham retired from football in 2013 and the 46-year-old Manchester United legend is the current co-owner and president of MLS side Inter Miami and co-owner of Salford City.
The former England international also has enjoyed lucrative sponsorship deals with the likes of Adidas, Giorgio Armani, Pepsi, Gillette and the Haig Club and was paid eye-watering £150m to become the face of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
To determine the top 20 richest footballers past and present, Wealthy Gorilla compiled data from The Richest, Celebrity Net Worth and Forbes using their net worth estimates.
David Beckham’s $450m net worth put him side by side with Manchester United icon, Cristiano Ronaldo in the star-studded list.
Ronaldo is currently the best-paid player in the English top-flight after his sudden return to Old Trafford and a lucrative £485,000 contract.
The Portugal legend also has benefited from lucrative sponsorship deals with the likes of Nike, DAZN, Herbalife and Clear.
The 36-year-old former Real Madrid and Juventus superstar also has his business ventures outside of football, including his CR7 fashion brand and fragrances.
Below are the 20 richest footballers in the world in 2022, according to Wealthy Gorilla.
20. Rio Ferdinand (retired): $75m
19. Willian (Corinthians): $75m
18. Arjen Robben (retired): $80m
17. Sergio Ramos (Paris Saint-Germain): $80m
16. Andres Iniesta (Vissel Kobe): $86m
15. Ronaldinho (retired): $90m
14. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan): $90m
13. Didier Drogba (retired): $90m
12. Samuel Eto’o (retired): $95m
11. Kaka (retired): $95m
9. Pele (retired): $100m
8. Francesco Totti (retired): $101.6m
5. Alexandre Pato (Orlando City): $145m
4. Dave Whelan (retired): $220m
2. David Beckham (retired): $450m