Most people usually prefer working from home due to the stress associated with going to workplace. Aside the stress factor, most people prefer working from home because of serenity and higher concentration as well as cutting cost of transport and staying away from workplace hazards. If you are among those who loved working from home, here are top 10 Work-From-Home Businesses you can venture into:
1. Social media Management. This is a type of business you can sit in the comfort of your home to be controlling the posts, reactions and engagement about products and services of companies and private individuals on the social media. It therefore means that you should have social media handles and be visible online. You should be acquainted with various social media etiquettes as it is obvious you are the image maker of the company or individual on the online platform. Social media managers are paid heavily in Nigeria. The goodness of it is that they can manage more than one social media handles at once.
2. Content writing: This is another thriving business that you can start from home. If you are actually in the business of writing, consider this aspect even if it’s as a side hustle. Content writing has become a lucrative business due to the high impact of social media on people. Content writing solves the need to upload quality contents that will meet the demands and yearnings of the publics. Content writing could also be about writing speeches, articles and social media posts for private individuals who are notable in the society.
3. Web development. The high income skill of web design and hoisting can be undertaken from home. This is because it requires the web developer to be alone and focused. It’s a known fact that most companies and private individuals make use of websites on a daily basis. Therefore, reaching out to these companies and private individuals for profitable business deal is commendable and could be rewarding at the end.
4. Customer service representative: Most businesses do require someone who can answer their customers’ hotline, reply emails and post out newsletters. This is where the business of the customer service representative comes in. The person must be proficient in communication skills and should also be tech-savvy. The representative should know all the hierarchy of powers in the companies so as to refer complaints accordingly. The good side about this business of customer service representative is that you don’t need to come to the company. You can do it from the comfort of your home.
5. Graphic designer: Most young people are already using this to earn a living. It’s a high income skill that you can do anywhere with just your laptop and creative brain. You can work from home or anywhere of your choice. What matters most is the design and how excellent it’s. Most graphic designers even go as far as advertising their rates and their works. They even do sponsored ad on all social media platforms because this is a serious business for the serious-minded.
6. Travel agents. This is another booming business because people are travelling on a dialy basis. People would always want to book their flight tickets on time so as to escape long queue at the airport. Travel agents work mostly with internet connection and personal computers, so it is easier to work remotely from home. For this business to blossom, you need to have inside source of all the travelling schedules. This will help you to be informed and also keep your clients updated.
7. Online tutorials. Due to the constraint of time and the problem of distance, most people are beginning to fall in love with online tutorials. There are plenty people that have made millions by just teaching people something online. These people do this by creating a WhatsApp or Facebook group where all members who have paid the stipulated fee converge to learn from the tutor. In other cases, it’s a one-on-one session where the tutor takes the trainee by hand and teach him/her the lessons.
8. Translator. The job of a translator is to translate a speech, write-ups and contents from one language to another. It’s good to know that the translator must be someone who is well versed in two or more languages. In fact, he/she must know the two languages involved very well so as to reduce mistakes and misinterpretation.
9. Artist. This set of people can stay at home to draw anything. They usually use pencils and crayons to paint real picture. Artist tend to use their imagination and skills to create a picture of their own world. Most artists will agree that they would function more in a quiet area and serene environment than in a noisy atmosphere. There is no quiet and serene environment like home.
10. Video animation. This works perfectly in terms of cartoons and other visual effects. There are also animated video games. Due to high demand of animated videos and games, most animators prefer working remotely from home. In view of the complex nature of animation, most companies are now seeking for the services of animators to create commercials and short video clips for their products and services.
Leave a Reply