The world is elvolving and so are so many relatable things. Industrialization and technology has since taken over the world and most countries Nigeria inclusive are always and equally elvolving with the tides of things for “change is truly constant”
Education we all know have taken the larger part of the average developing African countries with tons and tons of amazing courses available for all and sundry.
As a student, there’s a point in time one would need to make the huge decision of choosing a course out of the thousands being offered in the tertiary institutions. Most times students and parents choose careers out of sentiments or background inheritance while at other times students are being compelled by peer pressure while making this decision.
The very fact that industrialization and technology has taken over the country, it’s best that students and parents are advised on the basic criteria to look out for when choosing a course. One of the paramount thing to note while making this huge decision is the availability of job for a particular course of study.
The fact that choosing a course in Nigerian tertiary institutions could be overwhelming and sometimes confusing, this article would direct students to the top ten University courses that one could easily get a job in after school. They are;
2. Computer Science
3. Health sciences
8. Business administration
10. Information Technology. (IT)
1. MEDICINE: Apart from the fact that this is the most sorted after course in most schools, it’s important to note that medicine is one course that has plentiful availability of jobs. Most medicine students and MBBS graduates do not get to seek for jobs because these Medicine graduates at times are hired from their internship program in the hospital they have applied for. As well, medicine is a lucrative course as one could equally own and manage a hospital of their own.
2. COMPUTER SCIENCE: The digital world was made possible cause of the wide spread of computer Science and operators. Computer science is a very versatile course which makes it possible for computer graduates to work in any organization ranging from hospital, banks, business firms, manufacturing companies, etc.
A study of computer science would create maximum opportunity for the graduates. With the high rate of data boom, virtual games, entertainment and computer web designs, computer science would forever remain relevant and continue to expand and as such create more viable job opportunity.
3. HEALTH SCIENCES: Just like medicine, health sciences are also included in the top ten courses one could easily get a job. These health science course includes;
Medical Laboratory science
With the high rate of health care, disease controls and infections health science would always appear in the picture for maximum adherence to patients and citizens there requiring more hands to cater for these facilities.
4. EDUCATION: The fact that education was seen as a low class course does not undermine the fact that education is a constant course that one would always get job easily. Although it’s important to note that education is not really a money driven course but as a result of passion driven enthusiasm. As the population is constantly on the increase, likewise the amount of school children would continually increase daily therefore making the educational course a very relevant course.
5. ARCHITECTURE: This course calls for update and continuous application. Developing countries and developed countries were as a result of the architectural master piece. Building structures, hospitals, companies and the rest are few of the places an architecture is relevant in the society.
6. ENGINEERING: Engineering comes with lots of sub branches whuch has its own specialty thereby making Engineering a very lucrative and broad course. These branches includes;
Apart from the high rate in job acquisition, engineering offers job security as well.
7. FINANCE: This is a very sensitive and important aspect in every part of other career. Just like the computer science, finance is very versatile as most companies are in dire need of a finance manager and analyst.
8. BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: this is a highly flexible course and could be studied online as well. Business Administration is a core course that ensures one to become either a business manager, CEO, business owner and or a business analyst as the case maybe.
9. PHARMACOLOGY: Just like medicine and health sciences, pharmacology is a relevant course in the medical field. “Health is wealth” and as such pharmacology would always play a major role in the production, Administration and distribution of drugs.
10. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT): Likewise the Computer Science, Information Technology is equally a booming industry because the field is constantly spreading out fast. IT plays it’s role mainly on the intersection of computer systems, both hardware and software, and the use of these tools to share data and securely set up tools to be able to use and store information. The fact that it is such a highly skilled degree, an IT graduate could get a job easily. Also, IT is doing wonders in creating more jobs more than the other listed courses.
Finally, it is equally important that parents, teachers and students understand that a career should be choosed because of the high affinity towards that particular field as this passion driven factor is the main criteria while chosing a course.
Nevertheless, it is also acceptable to apply strategic planning toward choosing a career by considering a career with high growth rate and future expedition and finally a course with high job available considering the level of unemployment and lack of jobs in the society today.
Leave a Reply