Human Brain as one of the most important and complex organs in the body needs proper functioning for our health system and it consists of billions of nerves.
The component of the brain includes the cerebral hemispheres, cerebellum, and the brainstem.
The Brain plays many vital roles in the body such as coordination and balance, Control of thinking, self monitoring etc.
This article provides some brain-damaging activities that you must desist from for adequate functioning of your brain. Check out some of these activities below;
1. LACK OF EXERCISE: Inadequate exercise may affect your body movement and flexibility, daily exercise strengthen your body system and make it healthy. It has been revealed that adequate exercise makes someone stay fit and younger by releasing happy hormones called endorphins. Studies have also shown that exercise helps and regulate other body organs such lungs, heart and kidney.
2. STRESS: No one can do without undergoing stress but when it goes beyond normal, it hinders the normal functioning of the body system such as the brain. Frequent stress may lead to depression, overthinking, anger, sleepless nights etc., therefore you must lower your daily activities to conserve energy require for normal functioning of the brain and all other organs in the body.
3. MISSING BREAKFAST: Skipping or missing breakfast can lead to inadequate nutrients supply to the brain because the brain needs proper nutrients at appropriate time for normal functioning. If you always miss breakfast there is possibility that your glucose or sugar level (carbohydrates) will low and consequently can make the brain not to function very well due to lack of energy.
4. OVER-EATING: Eating to much of food can also affect the functioning of your brain. It has been proven that over-eating can cause physiological problems to your body system. It may lead to stress, depression, obesity. It can also make you to lose self confidence.
5. DRINKING ALCOHOL: This is one of most dangerous habits that can pose serious risk to your brain and all other vital organs in the body. Reports by scientists have it that the more you consume alcohol, the more it kills the brain cells. It’s advisable you stop consuming alcohol on a daily basis. The highest unit intake for men is 2units/day, anything above that is considered as excess while the maximum intake for women is 1unit/day.
6. SMOKING: There is this general sayings that “smokers are liable to die young”. Smoking pose a lot of serious health dangers and problems to the body system. It affects not only the brain, it affects most vital organs in the body like Kidney, Lungs, Heart and all other respiratory organs. Smoking like alcohol consumption is also one of the most habits that can destroy your brain cells. It can damage your respiratory tract or block your airways. Excessive smoking can cause many lung and heart diseases such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis, cancer, stroke, diabetes etc
Smoking can also damage or weakens the immune system that fight your body against bacteria or viral diseases.
It’s important that you stay away from all the habits mentioned above for adequate and proper functioning of your brain and other vital organs in the body system.