Webometrics, the largest academic ranking of higher education institutions has released best polytechnics in Nigeria in its latest ranking.
It stated that four ranking factors were used which include; openness rank, impact rank, presence rank, and excellence rank.
The leading Spain-based Institutions ranking organisation noted those four factors were the criteria used to determine which Polytechnic tops the table out of all Polytechnic Institutions in Nigeria.
In its latest ranking for all institutions in Nigeria, DAILY GIST was able to extract the top twenty best polytechnics in the country.
According to the webometric latest ranking in 2023, the best polytechnic in Nigeria is Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech) follow by Federal Polytechnic Ilaro which came second, and Lagos State Polytechnic which came third.
YABATECH retained the first position for the sixth time in the biannual Webometrics ranking among Polytechnics in the country.
BELOW ARE THE TOP TWENTY BEST POLYTECHNICS IN NIGERIA:
1. Yaba College of Technology
2. Federal Polytechnic Ilaro
3. Lagos State Polytechnic
4. Auchi Polytechnic
5. Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti
6. Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri
7. Federal Polytechnic Ede
8. Federal Polytechnic Bauchi
9. Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Abeokuta
10.Petroleum Training Institute Effurun
11. Air Force Institute of Technology Nigeria
12. Institute of Management Technology IMT Enugu
13.Federal Polytechnic Offa
14. Federal Polytechnic Bida
15. Federal Polytechnic Oko
16. Kwara State Polytechnic Ilorin
17. Federal Polytechnic Idah
18. Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Ikot Osurua
19. Abia State Polytechnic
20. Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana
Webometrics ranking is based on web content impact, top-cited researchers and papers published on research and publication platforms online.
The primary objective is to promote open access to the knowledge generated by institutions.