No fewer than 12 State Governors were on Tuesday awarded National Honours for their exceptional service and contribution to the benefit of the country.
President Muhammadu Buhari presented the national honours to the governors at the National Honours Award Investiture ceremony that took place at the International Conference Centre, (ICC) in Abuja.
The governors are from both the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). While nine of the governors are APC members, three are of the PDP.
The National Honors Act No. 5 of 1964 empowers the President to honour Nigerians who have rendered service to the nation’s benefit.
Six eminent Nigerians received the award of Grand Commander of the Order of Niger (GCON), 55 received Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (CFR), 65 received the award of Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON), 70 received the award of Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR).
110 received Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON), 74 Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR), 55 received Member of the Order of the Niger (MON), while four received Federal Republic Medal 1 (FRM1).
However, below is the list of 12 state governors who received the national award:
1. Governor of Yobe State, Alhaji Mai Mala Buni
2. Governor of Ondo State, Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu (SAN)
3. Governor of Kebbi State, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu.
4. Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Nweze Umahi
5. Governor of Enugu State, Lawrence Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi
6. Governor of Plateau State, Simon Bako Lalong
7. Governor of Cross Rivers State, Ben Ayade
8. Governor of Taraba State, Arc. Dickson Darius Ishiaku
9. Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai
10. Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi
11. Governor of Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa
12. Governor of Borno State, Prof Babagana Umara Zulum
Leave a Reply