Nigeria’s number one man, President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday signed Executive Order 11 Into law which focuses on national maintenance of public buildings.
The President appended his signature to the document at the Council Chambers of the State House, in Abuja on Wednesday.
Below are 5 takeaways from the new Executive Order.
1. With the new order, ministries, departments and agencies of government (MDAs) are expected to set up maintenance departments in line with the provisions of the Order.
2. The Order now gives legal backing to the country’s national maintenance policy, following its earlier approval by the Federal Executive Council.
3. The office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation will establish a department of federal public assets maintenance
4. The Policy is expected to give a facelift to some of its buildings like the federal secretariat, Abuja, and 24 others spread across the country.
5. The Order is the first of its kind in Nigeria with a policy framework for maintenance of national infrastructures.
Leave a Reply