Many worshippers have been feared dead after a high tension electric wire suddenly fell on the victims during Sunday church service.
According to a report made available to DAILY GIST by an eyewitness on Sunday, the incident occurred at El-Adonai Evangelical Ministry, 18 Jibiwu Road, off Agbe Road, U-turn Bus Stop, Abule Egba, Lagos.
It was gathered that a high tension that was connected the Cherub& Saraphim, C&S, Church’s flag pole dropped leading to the electrical shock.
Men of the Agege Fire Station of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service were reportedly called and residents said they were already at the scene with a view to securing lives and properties in the area.
The victims were said to have been rushed to hospitals and it was not clear wether they survived the electrocution or died as at the time of filing the report.
Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Mrs. Margaret Adeseye, confirmed the incident. However, she could not acertain the number of deaths, saying some of the victims were unconcious as of press time.
“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amid youths restiveness and tensed area,” Adeseye stated.
The General Manager of Lagos State Building Control Agency, Mr Gbolahan Oki, had in June this year said the agency was set to remove illegal structures erected under high tension cables.
He said structures under such cables posed a huge threat to residents and such would be removed.
Leave a Reply