The Guinness World Records has dismissed the marathon cooking embarked on by the Ekiti State chef, Damilola Adeparusi, famously called Chef Dammy.
GWR on Wednesday said the body did not receive any application regarding the cookathon that took place in Ekiti state.
There has been controversy on social media regarding the cookathon with some Nigerians asking if she followed the right steps
DAILY GIST reported that Chef Dammy completed her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon on Wednesday
Damiola’s quest to clinch the world record-breaking title of non-stop cooking by a single individual is coming less than a month after chef Hilda Baci completed her cooking marathon.
While some internet users frowned at the action of Adeparusi tagging it as sabotage of the achievement of a fellow countrywoman.
However, others have hailed her for looking towards achieving such a great feat.
She had been visited by the Vice Chancellor and management of the Federal University Oye-Ekiti.
In a bid to make clarification on the situation, Legitng sent a press enquiry to the Guinness World Records on Tuesday, June 13.
However in a response sent to Legitng on Wednesday, the body said Dammy did not send in the required application to break a record before starting to cook.
GWR said: “We have not received an application for this attempt. Applications can be made via the Guinness World Records website for our records management team to review.”
“Once an application is accepted, the record claimant receives a set of detailed guidelines specific to that record category that must be adhered to.”
“This also details a list of evidence that must be submitted for our team to verify the record. Guinness World Records maintains a rigorous review process to maintain the integrity of each Guinness World Records title.”