The Founder of the long controversial European Super League, Andrea Agnelli has broken his silence after several mixed decision and reactions from clubs in Europe
Agnelli declared that mission to the European super league is now impossible following the exit of six Premier League clubs.
While being asked in an interview whether the newly introduced league could still launch, Juventus FC chairman, Agnelli said; “the league can no longer go ahead after six English clubs withdrew.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham had shown interest in the league but have now withdrawn according to reports.
DAILY GIST gathered that Juventus were one of three Serie A sides set to take part in the ESL games.
Speaking further on whether the project could still happen after the exits, Agnelli said: “To be frank and honest no, evidently that is not the case.”
Plans had been made and announced on Sunday for a midweek European Super League which will feature in total 20 teams, which would include 15 founder members who would not be subject to possible relegation.
The 12 teams who had signed up included Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham from the Premier League, three clubs from La Liga, and three from Serie A, including Agnelli’s Juventus.
However, following condemnation of the plans from figures throughout the sport and a wave of fan protests, the six Premier League clubs announced on Tuesday that they were withdrawing from the plans.